• Diana Cerrillo, a kindergarten teacher, talks about her experience as a kindergartener teacher during the Solar Eclipse.

Uncategorized

Diana Cerrillo, a kindergarten teacher, talks about her experience as a kindergartener teacher during the Solar Eclipse.

• Uncategorized

2024 Journalism Trip Application

• Uncategorized

• Humans Of Montview: Ahmed

Features

Humans Of Montview: Ahmed

• Humans of Montview-Imani Tauaese

Features

Humans of Montview-Imani Tauaese

• Humans of Montview: Alya Mohamed

Features

Humans of Montview: Alya Mohamed

• Humans of Montview-Steve Cabrerra

Features

Humans of Montview-Steve Cabrerra

• Features

Humans Of Montview: Harun hamma

• Humans of Montview: Clara Medrano

Features

Humans of Montview: Clara Medrano

• Features

Humans Of Montview: Tegra Kongolo

MTV News

The Student News Site of Montview High School

MTV News

MTV News

Mr. Leno and the Solar Eclipse

Mr. Leno looking on, surrounded by students.

On April 8, 2024, an incredible solar event took place: a solar eclipse. Millions of people across North America witnessed the moon obscuring the sun, some seeing total darkness during the day for several minutes. Naturally, everyone had their own experiences but there is a certain group of people whose experiences should be shared even more: teachers. Specifically the experience of DSST: Montview’s very own chemistry teacher, Mr. Leno.

Leno was one of several teachers who was outside with students to witness the solar eclipse.

I thought it was a really cool experience. It’s nice to see something that doesn’t happen that often and just look at something that you see every day in a different perspective,” Leno said about the event. Leno also got to do something most people didn’t: educate his students about this event.

Just having that experience of something that’s different than what you see every day [and] helping kids experience that or helping them understand why something like that might be happening, it’s really rewarding and interesting for me,” he says.

He believes that being able to teach students about an event as rare as this one is a privilege. He sees this as an opportunity for students to build their knowledge and believes it is important to him and what he values. Even though you may have seen the solar eclipse yourself, do not doubt that there are teachers out there who could help everyone learn more about it.