• Diana Cerrillo, a kindergarten teacher, talks about her experience as a kindergartener teacher during the Solar Eclipse.

Uncategorized

Diana Cerrillo, a kindergarten teacher, talks about her experience as a kindergartener teacher during the Solar Eclipse.

• Uncategorized

2024 Journalism Trip Application

• Uncategorized

• Humans Of Montview: Ahmed

Features

Humans Of Montview: Ahmed

• Humans of Montview-Imani Tauaese

Features

Humans of Montview-Imani Tauaese

• Humans of Montview: Alya Mohamed

Features

Humans of Montview: Alya Mohamed

• Humans of Montview-Steve Cabrerra

Features

Humans of Montview-Steve Cabrerra

• Features

Humans Of Montview: Harun hamma

• Humans of Montview: Clara Medrano

Features

Humans of Montview: Clara Medrano

• Features

Humans Of Montview: Tegra Kongolo

MTV News

The Student News Site of Montview High School

MTV News

MTV News

Humans of Montview-Yassin Senouci

An Ambitious Yet Motivated Student Of Montview
Humans of Montview-Yassin Senouci

Imagine an individual from California with a heritage rooted in Algeria. Meet Yassin, a tenth-grader at DSST Montview High School with the cultures of California and Algeria shaping their identity. Yassin comes from a Muslim background, with Arabic as his spoken language. “I’m a fluent Arabic speaker and I moved to Denver when I was about 4 years old,” he said. 

As a sophomore at DSST, Yassin participates in many after-school activities, enhancing his experience within the Montview community. His strengths of being able to communicate well and being charismatic towards others has earned him a spot on the soccer team and in the student council. “I feel like I’m good at communication, I feel like I’m socially athletic, I can talk to anybody, I can make friends with anybody and I can be very charismatic,” Senouci said. 

You can find him in a classroom, advocating for his fellow classmates, or on a soccer field showcasing his soccer skills as one of his goals is to become a professional soccer player. “In the future, I want to become a professional soccer player,” he proudly said. 

Attending high school at DSST Montview is something that he likes since the classes are small and the academic standards are high. “I like the quality, I feel like the teaching here is pretty good, I feel the quality of education is pretty high and the classes I feel like are smaller,” Senouci said. Additionally, his favorite classes are Spanish and Chemistry because he finds them enjoyable and sociable with the company of his friends in those classes. 

Yassin has a keen interest in becoming a professional soccer player or a software engineer in the future. His religion plays a big role in his life, persisting him to work towards his passion and goals as one of his visions in life is to continue his education and major in software engineering if he chooses to go down a different path in laaife. 

“I plan on continuing my education… I would like to major in computer science in college.” says Yassin. 

He wants to follow in his parent’s footsteps; being a hard worker. His motivation comes from his identity and his hard working parents. “The fact that my parents didn’t come from major success and they work really hard.” Yassin says, “One of my goals is to buy a BMW, that’s one of my dream cars or achieve one of my career paths.”

Furthermore, he embarks on a journey not to just fulfill his desires in life but to repay his parents for what they have done for him. “My parents work really hard to give me a good life, so I would like to probably repay them in some way,” he said. 

To conclude, He’s someone who takes pride in who he is; he’s someone who wants to be different from others and have a well-balanced life. “I’m proud of myself-motivation and self-discipline. Most people make a lot of excuses and I try to differentiate myself and discipline myself. I’m proud of managing and balancing everything that I do,” Senouci said.