MTV News

The Student News Site of Montview High School

MTV News

MTV News

Humans of Montview

Jackson Leach

Dsst:Montview is a small school with a large community of students who strive off of the education system. Even though many people don’t go here, the ones that do are very interesting.

Many might not know Jackson Leach simply because he only hangs out with the people he has known for a long time. He still is a part of the large diverse community here at Montview.

Why go to Montivew some would ask? There’s plenty of better schools in the area, they say. Montview’s diverse community and the fact that everyone gets along is proof of why it’s a top school in the state. Jackson Leach is an example of this rich community here at Montview.

“I go to Montview  because all my friends went here and I been here since I was in middle school and the school has a good college acceptance program, said Jackson.” Jackson enjoys the college opportunities at this school and has been in the community for a long time.

“No, I like that we can get into advanced science and math but other than that, we don’t have any flexibility with electives, like we have to take the ones they choose for us.”

Even though he appreciates that we have advanced science and math, Jackson wishes the school would grant us more flexibility with our choices with electives and offer more courses for the students here at our school.

“Good yeah do a lot of stuff, got my drivers license this year, been skiing a lot, got on ski patrol, uh hanging out with my friends has been a lot easier since I can drive”, said Jackson.

Additionally Jackson also enjoys his life outside of school since he can drive now and can hang out with his friends a lot easier and has been able to go skiing more often and driving has allowed him to move around a lot more.

“Yeah I ran cross country and well uh for fitness well other than that I don’t really do any extracurriculars for this school”, said Jackson

“Oh absolutely every day but all my friends go here unless they start switching I’m in for the long haul, and switching in junior year is pretty, like not ideal, If I was smarter I would of switched last year but I’m here now,” said Jackson.

Despite going to Montivew Jackson says he only stays because of his friends and wants to stay here with them and switching right now would not be a good decision. Jackson Leach is not your average student at Montview, he likes to stay on top of his grades even if he doesn’t enjoy the school that much and balances his school life with his social life.