• Uncategorized

Humans of Montview: Viviana Devora

• Uncategorized

Humans of Montview: Stevie Thomas

• Uncategorized

Humans of Montview: Christopher Herrera

• 5.10 News

Uncategorized

5.10 News

• Diana Cerrillo, a kindergarten teacher, talks about her experience as a kindergartener teacher during the Solar Eclipse.

Uncategorized

Diana Cerrillo, a kindergarten teacher, talks about her experience as a kindergartener teacher during the Solar Eclipse.

• Uncategorized

2024 Journalism Trip Application

• Uncategorized

• Humans Of Montview: Ahmed

Features

Humans Of Montview: Ahmed

• Humans of Montview-Imani Tauaese

Features

Humans of Montview-Imani Tauaese

• Humans of Montview: Alya Mohamed

Features

Humans of Montview: Alya Mohamed

MTV News

The Student News Site of Montview High School

MTV News

MTV News

Humans of Montview: Zamaya Grimes

Zamaya Grimes speaks through her motivations for her future goals

Zamaya Grimes was only five years old when she began her love for pom-poms and stunts, quickly becoming an excellent crowd leader. By the time Zamaya got to high school, she found that Montview had no cheerleading team, so she decided to continue her cheer legacy at George Washington High School.

This student of Montview is Zamaya Grimes, a sophomore in class 2026 at DSST Montview High School. This article covers her academic life and goals, her point of view on DSST Montview, and her experiences as an athlete.

“I enjoy math because even though it can be hard sometimes, I still like the challenge it gives me,” said Grimes.

Despite the fact that math can be complicated and is often people’s least favorite subject, Zamaya still finds a way to enjoy it while learning.

“I think Montview is a great environment for students because teachers hold students accountable,” Grimes said.

I completely agree with what Grimes said. Teachers at Montview HS do not let students slack, especially when it comes to a student’s grades. They always keep students on task.

“Sometimes I like school. [However] I think sometimes the school can be a little bit strict,” Grimes said.

Additionally, Montview can be a bit too strict to the point where it sometimes feels like we don’t have much freedom.

“I want to be a pediatrician in the future because I love kids, especially newborns because they make me happy,” Grimes said.

Believe it or not, Zamaya has a lot of love for kids and enjoys the company of being around them.

In conclusion, Grimes is an excellent student and athlete who pushes herself to be the best she can be in all her classes and her sport. Even if it can be difficult for her or even if she doesn’t feel that motivated by her teachers or school, what’s driving her to reach her goals is the outcome and the reward she gets for all the hard work she did at the end. Each time, she is slowly getting closer and closer to achieving her goals in life.