• Uncategorized

Humans of Montview: Viviana Devora

• Uncategorized

Humans of Montview: Stevie Thomas

• Uncategorized

Humans of Montview: Christopher Herrera

• 5.10 News

Uncategorized

5.10 News

• Diana Cerrillo, a kindergarten teacher, talks about her experience as a kindergartener teacher during the Solar Eclipse.

Uncategorized

Diana Cerrillo, a kindergarten teacher, talks about her experience as a kindergartener teacher during the Solar Eclipse.

• Uncategorized

2024 Journalism Trip Application

• Uncategorized

• Humans Of Montview: Ahmed

Features

Humans Of Montview: Ahmed

• Humans of Montview-Imani Tauaese

Features

Humans of Montview-Imani Tauaese

• Humans of Montview: Alya Mohamed

Features

Humans of Montview: Alya Mohamed

MTV News

The Student News Site of Montview High School

MTV News

MTV News

Humans of Montview: Xavier Chavez

This is Xavier Chavez, a 10th grader. Chavez is passionate about many things and has many goals. They mentioned that others describe them differently, like funny, open-minded, and extroverted. However, some may describe them as serious and strong. It’s almost as if they have different personalities for different people.

“Everyone who has asked me that question describes me differently.”

As a 10th grader, they find high school challenging and exhausting, not only because of the environment but also because of the amount of work required. Their biggest achievement was being invited to an Olympic fencing training tournament. They found it very fun and were proud of it. Also, they mention that they have many regrets. It’s almost impossible to name just one of them.

“Something I wish I knew before being a high schooler is knowing how much work I’ll have to do.”

Chavez finds it hard to communicate with their family members. As they mentioned, if they could go back in time and change one thing it would be talking to them. Supposedly, they dislike Chavez. They feel disconnected from their family and find it hard to get along.

“I have many regrets. It’s hard to pick one. But, most likely talking to my family members. They do not like me one bit.”

Since Chavez is a sophomore, they find sophomore year fun, despite all the work. Chavez says some pros about high school are the amount of opportunities that you have, and the things you’ll be able to achieve.

“Being a sophomore is fun, beside all the work that is required for you to get done.”

Some pros for Chavez are the opportunities you’ll have to achieve your dreams. But they also find it hard to focus and try your best. Some cons are the things you’ll have to work for to get to your goal. Because, it can get exhausting, according to Chavez.

“Pros about high school are the interesting opportunities you get. Cons are the things you’ll have to work for to achieve those opportunities.”

Fun fact, Chavez’s hobby is fencing. They happen to be really good at it. Chavez has been fencing for five years. As they mentioned in the previous passage, Chavez had been invited to an Olympic fencing training tournament.

“My biggest achievement is going to an Olympic training camp for fencing.”