• Uncategorized

Humans of Montview: Viviana Devora

• Uncategorized

Humans of Montview: Stevie Thomas

• Uncategorized

Humans of Montview: Christopher Herrera

• 5.10 News

Uncategorized

5.10 News

• Diana Cerrillo, a kindergarten teacher, talks about her experience as a kindergartener teacher during the Solar Eclipse.

Uncategorized

Diana Cerrillo, a kindergarten teacher, talks about her experience as a kindergartener teacher during the Solar Eclipse.

• Uncategorized

2024 Journalism Trip Application

• Uncategorized

• Humans Of Montview: Ahmed

Features

Humans Of Montview: Ahmed

• Humans of Montview-Imani Tauaese

Features

Humans of Montview-Imani Tauaese

• Humans of Montview: Alya Mohamed

Features

Humans of Montview: Alya Mohamed

MTV News

The Student News Site of Montview High School

MTV News

MTV News

Humans of Montview: Anel Arroniz

Anel Arroniz sits on a bench outside of the school’s entrance

Interviewing Anel Arroniz, a student at Montview, was inspiring due to the depth of our conversations and discovering what connects her to family, friends, and the community. She was casual, relaxed, and very positive about her likes and inspirations.

Anel Arroniz is a sophomore at DSST Montview with a strong and bold personality. She is interested in many things, like music, family, and sports. We talked about different music genres, family, and sports, and the topic that came up most often was her interest in music. As the interview continued, she gained more confidence and began to find things that were more common to others than she initially thought.

“My favorite music genre is kinda embarrassing, but I like listening to K-pop,” Arroniz said. “I enjoy listening to Twice. They are my favorite band. I tend to listen to more K-pop girl groups, but I also enjoy Ateez and Enhypen.”

Despite being nervous and embarrassed about the topic, it made it easier to connect with her.

“It’s weird to talk about because many people don’t listen to this type of music […] You don’t even have to know what they’re saying sometimes to know that the music is good, and has a vibe. I like how it is chill and upbeat,” she added.

She had only sometimes listened to this style of music until her sister influenced her to listen to it after she showed her a video of a group she couldn’t quite recall but enjoyed. After that day, she started to find her love for the genre. Anel transitioned into her relationship with her sister, who is her biggest role model and inspiration.

“My sister was the one who introduced me to K-pop, she is my biggest inspiration. I look up to her,” Arroniz comments.

When it comes to participating in her school community, Anel was a part of the Montview girl’s volleyball team. She started on the C team but moved up to Varsity as a sophomore this year. Their team was 16-11 but still dominated on the court. She played libero. Because of volleyball, she was able to connect with more people and have fun while enjoying a sport that she liked.

“I played volleyball this year, it was a lot of fun. I was the libero,” Arroniz exclaims.

Academics are also very important to her. School is important to her, she likes striving for academic excellence and maintaining good grades. But it’s also a place where she can interact with her friends and build connections.

“I enjoy coming to school but classes are hard,” Arroniz says.

Anel Arroniz is an excellent person and a true representation of the Montview students and models our core values. From sports to friends, she puts 110% into everything even when times get tough. Can’t wait to see what her future holds.

This is a Student of Montview.