MTV News

The Student News Site of Montview High School

MTV News

MTV News

Humans of Montview: Stevie Thomas

A future Lakers teammate and professional basketball player here at DSST?

Humans of Montview: Stevie Thomas

A future Lakers teammate

and professional basketball player here at DSST?!

By Viviana Devora

What type of high school student manages to balance his personal life, his academics and his favorite hobbies? 

This human of Montview is Stevie Thomas, a junior and excellent team member of our basketball team. Thomas has been attending Montview since freshman year and believes his experience along with being part of such a close community has really led him to be the person he is now.

“I do think I’m involved in school, especially because I’m part of our basketball team. I feel like my teammates really push me to feel motivated in school,” says Thomas. 

Thomas’s words show us a reflection of his appreciation and motivations here at DSST, knowing that his teammates not only keep him motivated on the court but in school as well is something admirable.

“Something that I find important is making time to be with my family,” said Thomas. “I love to cherish the time I spend with them,” says Thomas. 

Aside from school, Thomas tells us about how important his family is to him, his ability to not get lost in school and make time for his loved ones is something he hopes he’ll always be able to have.

“My main focus right now is still school,” said Thomas. 

Despite his passion for basketball and the importance it has for him, Thomas’s main focus is school which he says is equally as important to him and something he genuinely wishes to focus on. 

“I do plan on going to college, one of my future goals would be to get a scholarship for basketball,” said Thomas.

Nonetheless, he’ll still find time for his favorite hobby and the basketball scholarship is a goal that he will keep in mind while thriving in his academics. 

Lastly, although Thomas is interested in making basketball a big part of his future, he is confident in his plans of staying focused and motivated in school in order to one day accomplish his goals of going to college and having a successful future.