MTV News

The Student News Site of Montview High School

MTV News

MTV News

Humans of Montview: Christopher Herrera

Humans of Montview:  Christopher Herrera  

By Tristan Alamos

Christopher Herrera can be described in many ways. Herrera was into soccer at a young age and played in his youth as well but outgrew it as he grew older. In the future he wants to go to school for mechanics. In his spare time Herrera loves to hang out with his older brother and family. When asked who he looked up to, Herrera responded to his “ Older Brother” who he is inspired by to be a good person every day.

This human of Montview is creative, disciplined, outgoing, and self reflecting.  These words describe Herrera. The Word Creative means having the ability to come up with new and original ideas or using imagination and innovation to produce something unique. For Example, Herrera Imagines what he wants to do for his future in learning mechanics. One word to describe Herrera is disciplined, a word that describes someone who is able to control their behavior and actions in a way that is consistent with their goals and values. Herrera is very outgoing and willing to put in the work of achieving his dream. Another way to describe Herrera is outgoing, the word for individuals often described as friendly, sociable, and approachable. This is Herrera’s best Value because this is how he makes new friends and communicates. “ You have to fight to reach your dream,” said Herrera. Nonetheless, Herrera believes that you have to fight for your vision. “Sometimes you have to accept you can’t win all the time” explains Herrera. Herrera  is able to comprehend that sometimes you can’t  like soccer or Life!  Finally, “There are more important things in life than winning or losing a game,” says Herrera. This defines him and who he is as a soccer player and a human.