The Olympics

Samir Dherar, Writer

The Olympics the biggest event for athletics from all over the world where they come and represent themselves and their country, The first modern Olympic Games took place in Athens, Greece in 1896 two years after the freshman Boron Pierre who presented his idea in 1894. Just like everything successful the Olympics started weak compared to today with 43 events in 9 sports,14 nations and without any female participation, with that the Olympics started to happen every 4 years, in those 4 years a huge different happens and the Olympics keeps developing as in 1990 the Olympics in France where it was the beginning for females to participate in the Olympics, However the evolution doesn’t stop there.

The evolution of the Olympics in the 20st and 21st century had several changes, more nations and events, more women participating and variety of economic, political, and technological advancements. These advancements also led to the creation of winter Olympic games which happens every two years which consists of 15 sports while the last summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro had 28 sports with 306 events, However the next Olympics which will take place in Tokyo will be adding 5 sports which are baseball and softball, karate, sport climbing, skateboarding and surfing making it 33 sports, 33 sports is a huge difference compared to the first Olympics ever which is believed to be in ancient Greece in the year 776 B.C.E but the change and evolution doesn’t stop here.

The Evolution and how fast it is, From bio class Mohamed Says “Everything has evolution and it will never stop” Which makes him excited “ to witness part of this evolution and what’s coming new this year” Our Athletic are mostly excited for the “men running and see what’s Usain bolt up to this time” Which is Ahmed’s Favorite part of the Olympics and many others, However Larry’s Favorite part is “Boxing”, It’s not his favorite thing to watch but it’s also what he wants to do in a couple of years “be a boxer in the Olympics”. With that I allow you to educate others about this event and invite you to start an early countdown to welcome the first Olympics of the upcoming decade and the 4th Olympic in japan.